Woods Lights for Skin Inspection
For many years, we were offering a wide range of phototherapy products
for the treatment of Psoriasis, Eczema, Vitiligo and many other skin
challenges and we started geting phone calls and emails about Wood's
Lights for skin inspection and other forensic applications. We venutured
forth again and started to learn about low energy UVA (Black Light) and
it's uses to cause the fluorescence of a wide variety of materials and
our website for Woods Lights
Woods Lamps detect.
- Fungus/fungal infections
- Head Lice (Nits)
- Corneal Scratches (When used fluoroceine dye).
- Foreign bodies in the eye.
- Gemology & Mineralogy
- Cat & Pet Urine Stains
- Blocked tear ducts.
- Tinea versicolor
- Microsporum Canis
- Criminology (for emergency rooms)
- Bacterial Infections.
- Many other skin conditions.
We will attempt here to list some of the major applications of our
woodslamps or woodlights, woods lights or woods lamps.
Several skin diseases/challenges such as vitiligo, acne and a host of
others cause the skin (or the fluids on the skin) to fluoresce.
- Bacterial Infections
- Tinea Versicolor
- Fungus & Fungal Infections
- Head Lice and their nits, fluoresce under black light.
- Child abuse / bruising can often be discerned with a woods
Why is it useful to be examined with the Wood’s lamp? Normally your
skin will not fluoresce, or shine, under the ultraviolet light. This
test reveal different colors according to the type of skin disease,
which may include:
- Golden Yellow (Tinea Versicolor)
- Pale Green (Trichophyton Schoenleini)
- Bright Yellowgreen (Microsporum Audouini or M. Canis)
- Aquagreen To Blue (Pseudomonas Aeruginosa)
- Pink To Pinkorange (Porphyria Cutanea Tarda)
- Ash-Leaf-Shaped Spot (Tuberous Sclerosis)
- Bluewhite (Leprosy)
- Pale White (Hypopigmentation)
- Purplebrown (Hyperpigmentation)
- Bright White, Or Bluewhite (Depigmentation, Vitiligo)
- Bright White (Albinism)
When used with sodium fluorocein or other fluorescing dyes, there are
several applications for the world of the eye doctor.
- Foreign Particles in the Eye (glass and other hard to see
- Eye Injury
- Scratches of the cornea
- Blocked Tear Ducts
- Urine Stains
- Eye challenges
- Lice and Nits
- Microsporum Canis
- Fungal Infections
- Pets, small and large leave urine and feces in places that you
would least expect. Feces, urine and other biological
contaminants/materials can be detected easily with UVA Woods Lights.
- Hard water detection. Many "Culligan Men", water softener sales
people carry a UVA black light as many hardened mineral deposits on
taps, sinks etc fluoresce with black light.
- Re-admittance inks. Fluorescent Ink detection. Some invisible
inks such as those uses at some night clubs and amusement parks for
re-entry stamps can ne seen under UV (Black Light)
- Rodent urine and traces fluoresce under black light. One can
monitor/detect some forms of rodent activity with a simple woods
- Fraud detection. Some of our money has fluorescent dyes within.
Visit our main site - See